Ghana is the most peaceful country in West Africa
In 2019 Ghana was the number 73 economy in the world in terms of GDP (current US$), the number 72 in total exports, the number 81 in total imports, the number 141 economy in terms of GDP per capita (current US$) and the number 143 most complex economy according to the Economic Complexity Index (ECI)
In 2019 Ghana imported $18.4B, making it the number 81 trade destination in the world. During the last five reported years the imports of Ghana changed by -$238M from $18.7B in 2014 to $18.4B in 2019
During the last 20 years Ghana's economy has become relatively less complex, moving from the 128th to the 143rd position in the ECI rank.
· Ghana is a member of World Trade Organization and of the Ecowas.
· Rich resources of gold and diamonds
· Ghana being the most socio-culturally developed country in West Africa
· Suitability of political and economic conditions for foreign investors
· Rapid rise of finance, tourism, oil and agricultural industries in the country
· Ghana's advantageous geopolitical location
The metallurgical industry has recently been the target of investment in Ghana, making it a beneficiary of growth in the industrial sector.More...